If I gave you the sun
Would you give me the time of day?
Or would you let time waist away
Until it’s safe to say “I don’t feel the way you do”
Until the days we no longer kiss away
And we don’t feel the way we used to
If I gave the moon
Would you let my dreams of us dance amongst your stars
And redefine our universe
Or would you curse in the ebony of night
And be the first to make matters worse
If I gave you my time
Would we share my gift together?
Until clocks lost their value and our moments were forever
Or will you let moments’ hands cover the lips we kiss through
Having too much pride to whisper the words “I miss you”
Why we let the heat of the moment dry up our water
Why can’t we let our love restore back the order?
But my heart holds the sweet times
Covered in passion and laced in rhymes
And this is such sweet sorrow
Because even as my heart breaks it still bleeds sugar
And if we lose our love and say our goodbyes
I ask you please don’t cry
Please don’t stir or make a fuss
Because I’m sure my pen will cry enough
To suffice for the both if us
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment